Kuruksherta University announced Three Day National Workshop on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND USE OF SPSS PACKAGE 21,22 & 23 March, 2014 at Faculty Lounge K.U. Kurukshetra
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Research plays an important role in development of the country through increasing the quantum of knowledge and in solving various crucial problems in different areas. Many teacher educators and researchers are also interested in undertaking research and guiding their students in different areas including education, but they lack the needed know how and the application of appropriate statistics used.
The recent research movements are generally based on recognition of need for critical inquiry and meaning in educational action. The traditional emphasis on factual knowledge and singular truths is diminishing and the knowledge generation and cultural interchange is increasing. This necessitates the awareness of qualitative research also.
In the era of computers, it is the high time to use computers in our statistical calculations, through the use of SPSS package during our research project. No doubt, before the advent of SPSS Package, many researchers have been using computers for their statistical analysis of data, but that process was not economical in terms of time, money and efforts.
It is expected that after the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. choose and state the research problem related to quantitative and qualitative research;
2. use appropriate method of research;
3. formulate different types of hypotheses;
4. select appropriate sample for their research study;
5. to Select appropriate research tools and design and
6. use SPSS Package effectively
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
1. To create awareness and knowledge about research process i.e. meaning, types of research types method, selection of research problem, review of related literature, hypotheses, sampling, research tools, parametric and non- parametric tests.
2. To acquaint about qualitative research.
3. To give training in the use of SPSS package.
4. To give training in writing research report, research paper and citation.
5. To enhance the quality of research in the colleges of Education and university departments.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED AS FELLOW
1. Meaning of research, types and areas of research, selection of problem.
2. Review of literature, hypotheses
3. Sampling and its types.
4. Tools of research and their standardization.
5. Descriptive and historical research.
6. Experimental research and research design.
7. Parametric tests and non-parametric tests.
8. Qualitative research.
9. use of SPSS package.
10. Report writing, paper writing and citation.
The workshop is open for teacher educators and research scholars working in the field of Education only.
HOW TO APPLY
The teacher educators/ research scholars (Education) interested to participate in the workshop may send the duly filled registration form (copy of the registration form attached) at the address given below by 15.03.2014 positively.
Prof. Puran Singh
Deptt. of Education
K.U. Kurukshetra (Haryana)
Email: [email protected]
Note: No TA/DA will be paid to the participants. No registration form will be accepted after 15.03.2014.
Rs. 500/- for Teachers
Rs. 300/- for Research Scholars
The selected candidates for the workshop will be intimated telephonically/ through E-mail. The selected candidate will have to submit the registration fee (in cash) on the spot on 21.03.2014.
Accommodation will be arranged by the participants themselves. A number of hotels, dharamshalas and other accommodations are available in the city of Kurukshetra. However the department of education can assist/ guide the participants in getting the accommodation.
WORKING LUNCH AND TEA DURING WORKSHOP
Working Lunch and Tea during the workshop will be provided by the Deptt. of Education, KUK to all the participants.
Prof. Puran Singh
Mr. Rajvir Singh
Dr. Jyoti Khajuria
Dr. Sushma Gupta
Prof. Sushil Kumar
I intend to participate in the Three Day National workshop on “Research Methodology and Use of SPSS Package” to be organised by Department of Education. Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. (Haryana) on 21st , 22nd, 23rd March, 2014.
Accommodation needed (yes/ no)
Phone No. : ____________________________
Date ___/___/___________ Signature
Recommendation of Head/ Principal