Kurukshetra University Notified Regarding Required One Asstt. Prof on Contract Basis in Psychology at KUPGRC, Jind
Required one Assistant Professor on contract basis (for SC Category) in Psychology at K.U.P.G. Regional Centre, Jind till the classes for the academic session 2013-14 are over or regular appointment is made, whichever is earlier. The qualifications will be the same as prescribed for the post of Assistant Professor in Psychology by the UGC/State Government/University Norms. However, if eligible candidates are not found available at the time of interview, the condition of NET/SLET/Ph.D. etc. can be relaxed.
Interested candidates may report half an hour before the commencement of interview to be held on 24.01.2014 at 03.30 P.M. in the O/o the Dean, Academic Affairs, K.U. Kurukshetra alongwith application (Five copies) on prescribed application form, all original and attested copies of certificates. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
The remuneration for the eligible candidates is Rs.21,600/-(consolidated) per month and Rs.15,000/-(consolidated) per month for those in whose cases the condition of NET/SLET/Ph.D. etc. is relaxed.
Endst. No. ET-9/13/M-16/2013-14/_____________ Dated:__________________
Copy of the above is forwarded to the following for information and necessary action:
- Dean, Academic Affairs, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- Deans of all Faculties on the Campus, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- Chairpersons/ Directors of all the University Teaching Departments/ Institutes/Principals of the Maintained Colleges/Heads of Offices, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- Head, Automation and Electronic Information Management Cell (AEIMC) with the request to upload this notification on University website.
- Chairman, Department of Fine Arts, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- Librarian, University Library, K.U. Kurukshetra.
- Divisional Employment Officer, University Employment & Guidance Bureau, Kurukshetra.
- District Employment Officer, Employment Exchange, Kurukshetra.
- O.S.D. to Vice-Chancellor./P.A. to Registrar (for kind information of the ViceChancellor/Registrar), K.U. Kurukshetra.
- P.A. to Deputy Registrar (Estt. T.), KUK.
Deputy Registrar (Estt.)
(i) National Eligibility Test (NET) shall be compulsory for appointment at the entry level position of Assistant Professor, subject to the exemptions to the degree of Ph.D. in respect of those persons obtaining the award through a process of registration, course-work and external evaluation, as have been laid down by the UGC through its regulations, and so adopted by the State Government vide letter No.7/66-2003 C-IV(3) dated 17.7.2009. (Appendix-III).
(ii) The minimum requirements of a good academic record and 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the master’s level.
(iii) A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) will be required at the Master’s level for those recruited as teachers at any level from industries and research institutions and at the entry level of Assistant Professors, Assistant Librarians, Assistant Directors of Physical Education and Sports.
(iv) A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
(v) A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
(vi) Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
It is hereby clarified that where the University/College/Institution declares results in grade points, which is on a scale of seven, the following mechanism shall be referred to ascertain equivalent marks in percentage:
|E. – Poor||
|F. – Fail||
For determining good academic record, a candidate should either have average of 55% marks in two of the three examinations (not below Matric or equivalent) prior to Master’s degree or 50% marks in each of these two examinations separately. The following relaxation will, however, operate:
|i) Candidates having 55% or above||The criteria of good academic record|
| marks in MA/M. Sc./LLM in the
relevant subject and possessing
Ph. D. Degree
|will not apply at all|
|ii) Candidates having 55% or above||Should have 50% marks in one of the|
|marks in MA/M.Sc./LLM in the||lower exams i.e. B.A. Final/Prep/|
| relevant subject and possessing
M. Phil degree
|iii) Candidates obtaining first class||————–Do————–|
First in the University in the relevant subject in MA/M.Sc./LLM
- B.Ed., B.Lib. & Inf. Science, LL.B. and BJMC are the lower examinations for determining Good Academic Record wherever M.Ed., M.Lib. & Inf. Science, LL.M. and MJMC are the required essential qualifications respectively.
- The candidates holding Ph.D Degree / NET in Public Administration will be considered for the post of Assistant Professor in Political Science and vice-versa.
NET in Statistics and Computer Applications conducted by I.C.A.R. will be considered equivalent to NET in Computer Science conducted by UGC for selection to the post of Assistant Professor in the subject of Computer Science.